About Me

My photo
I am: daughter, sister, aunt, friend, eccentric, artist. I love creating. I do it for fun. I do it to relax. If I'm not busy with the "real" world, I do it. Nah, I do it even when I'm busy - sleep can wait! :D Take Care, Jannina

Friday, February 7, 2014

Rest In Peace, Dad.

My father passed away in January 2014. I will miss him dearly. We created a fund in lieu of flowers. We raised $300.00:

My father, Juan Ortiz, spent his life in service of his country. First in the Marine Corps and then as an United States Diplomat. He was quiet, calm and witty. Although he didn't usually say much, when he did say something, it had great value. He loved the NY Giants, Mets and Knicks. Most of all, he loved God and his family.
He had a special place in his heart for children. He really liked St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital. This is the mission statement from their website: "The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay."
As a family, we decided to set up a fund in lieu of flowers. When the fundraiser ends, we will make a donation in memory of him. 
Thank you to all of you who have sent us your prayers, good wishes, meals and help during this difficult time. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment