About Me

My photo
I am: daughter, sister, aunt, friend, eccentric, artist. I love creating. I do it for fun. I do it to relax. If I'm not busy with the "real" world, I do it. Nah, I do it even when I'm busy - sleep can wait! :D Take Care, Jannina

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Love those colour palettes!

It's been a while. Sorry for that. Life sometimes gets complicated. Anyways, have you ever seen an image or artwork that just makes you feel emotions? Whether happy, sad, angry, warm, chilled or at peace? Perhaps it triggers a memory for you. There are times when I want to get in touch with those emotions when creating my artwork. One way to do that is to use the same colour palette that was used in that image or artwork. So, here's a couple of websites that you can go to in order to create those palettes. I am going to use an image as an example to show you how it works. This is a picture that I took of Napa Valley:


Napa Valley by *Pur3Rep0se on deviantART

Degraeve.com Just input a favourite image and it will pull a vibrant and dull version of a palette. These are the colours that come from that image:




















Colorhunter.com This one will also pull a vibrant and dull version of a palette. These are the colours that come from that image:

Vibrant:







Dull:








As you can see, they are very different palettes. You will have to play with both of them to find the one you like. Another great place to do the same thing is to go on Colourlovers.com. All of these options are free to use.

Enjoy!

Jannina

No comments:

Post a Comment