About Me

My photo
I am: daughter, sister, aunt, friend, eccentric, artist. I love creating. I do it for fun. I do it to relax. If I'm not busy with the "real" world, I do it. Nah, I do it even when I'm busy - sleep can wait! :D Take Care, Jannina

Friday, June 21, 2013

Smoke Alarms

There was a death in my city that could possibly have been prevented. The residential home was burnt to the ground in a fire. Due to the fact that the smoke alarms were not functioning, that person did not wake up and could not get out of their home in time. Please, don't let something like this happen to you. Our fire department had suggested checking the smoke alarms a minimum of twice a year. Choose a date that will stick out for you. I personally feel that Daylight Savings Time is perfect for this.

If you are in the United States, Daylight Savings Time starts on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November. For 2013, that is March 10th at 2:00 a.m. (becomes 3:00 a.m. "Spring Forward") and November 3rd at 2:00 a.m. (becomes 1:00 a.m. "Fall Back").

For those people in other countries, here is a good site to visit: World Time Zone Daylight Savings Time.

Stay safe,

Jannina

No comments:

Post a Comment